Back to Results
- Structural Engineer III
- Hampton, VA
- IntellecTechs is currently looking for a Structural Engineer III.The Center Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering (CMOE) contract comprises of three major categories of work – operations, maintenance, and engineering (OME), as described below. •Maintenance – Research and institutional facility maintenance includes, but not limited to, preventive maintenance, trouble calls, repairs, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Facility Condition Assessment (FCA), and maintenance/operation of central utilities (e.g., electrical power distribution, potable water, storm water drainage) •Operations – Facilities Operations support includes, but not limited to, wind tunnels, laboratories, and test stands testing, instrumentation calibration/repair; plant and utilities (e.g., high pressure air, Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) and Steam Plant); technology development and administration, including, but not limited to, Facility Automation Systems (FAS) and Data Acquisition Systems (DAS) •Engineering – Facility engineering includes, but not limited to, engineering studies, design, construction, construction management, configuration management, tactical engineering, pressure system recertification, project management/planning support.Responsibilities:
The Structural Engineer independently performs structural engineering assignments by using standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Provides solutions to structural engineering problems and participates in project management functions as needed, staying accountable for budgeted project hours. Prepares analysis, studies, design review presentations, construction cost estimates, specification editing, and supports construction management effort as needed.
Independently executes structural engineering and design tasks, develops construction documents, calculations, specifications and technical engineering reports, meets with clients and performs site visits to take measurements and photos.
U.S. Citizenship required. BS degree from an accredited engineering school and three (3) to five (5) years related engineering experience, or MS degree from an accredited engineering school and two (2) to three (3) years of related engineering experience, or Ph. D. from an accredited engineering school. A Civil or Structural engineering degree is preferred.Specific job requirements:
• Creates design calculations using the fundamentals of engineering and principals of design, by hand or utilizing software. Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
• Experienced in computer applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and Mathcad
• Proficient in Autodesk software, such as Revit, 2D/3D CAD, Mechanical Simulation, Inventor, and Robot
• Familiar with FEA structural engineering software, such as RAM Elements, RISA, or FEMAP
• Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
• Self-motivated and willing and able to learn new products, concepts and techniques.
• Organized team player with excellent time management skills.
• Able to work alone or in small, multi-discipline teams in a support or lead role.
• Ensures that policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to.
• Visits job sites as required, identifies any improper implementation and takes action to insure technical solutions are immediately implemented.
• Supports Safety Department with structural advice as needed.
• Ensures safe working practices and a safe working environment.Essential Functions:
Office environment. (85%)Test/Industrial Environment – May be exposed to areas of high noise levels, hazardous propellants, explosives, chemicals and industrial facilities. Travel between facilities and test sites is required. Travel between various facilities/test operations is required and may bring exposure to loud noise and potentially hazardous equipment operation.
The ability to enter into confined spaces, crawl into or onto various assemblies while maintaining a clear vision of safety is required. Potential exposure to high noise levels, hazardous chemicals, propellants and the like. Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions. Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs.Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment - PC, telephone, fax, and copier (50%)Safety and Personal Protective Equipment (20%)
Regular attendance mandatory (100%)
Overtime/work outside normal schedule required (<20%)Travel required (<<5%)
Other Essential Functions
U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety/risk hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to balance scope, schedule and budget to insure project success. The work environment requires the ability to cooperate and work with individuals at all levels of the company and the client. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as required. A valid driver’s license is required.