- Systems Administrator-Commercial
IntellecTechs is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator (Commercial). Blending today’s technology with outstanding customer service, IntellecTechs offers clients innovative, individually-crafted Technology Solutions to meet their unique needs. The key to our success lies with our ingenuity and strong corporate culture. Our culture drives our business. We challenge and offer our staff engaging work, continued learning opportunities, and fun team building activities and company events. We serve our communities through active company participation in volunteer-based initiatives. In turn, we consistently delight our customers and deliver on their high expectations.
Our Systems Administrator is a member of a team of engineers and technicians supporting various client sites in Hampton Roads Virginia. The travel is currently focused in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Gloucester County, Hampton, Isle of Wight County, James City County, Newport News, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Southampton County, Suffolk, Surry Count, Williamsburg, York County, and Smithfield but is open to other locations within the general vicinity. Our clients have offices across the United States. The Systems Administrator will serve as a technical resource for the day-to-day operations and team project activities including technical project work, customer interaction, project coordination, customer maintenance plan creation, documentation initiatives, and desktop support, as needed. Additionally, the Systems Administrator will serve as a technical escalation point for our team and our customers.
Eligible candidates should:
- Always act with customers in mind
- Consistently meet deadlines
- Be able to learn and react quickly when facing new problems
- Be able to handle multiple tasks and projects and switch between them quickly
- Evaluate priorities and use time effectively and efficiently concentrating efforts on the most important tasks
- Quickly grasp the essence and the underlying structure of things
- Deal with concepts and complexity comfortably
- Enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Work independently
- Daily travel throughout the Hampton Roads area (mileage reimbursement applies)
- Troubleshoot all customer IT issues and serve as an escalation point via phone, remote or onsite support including Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4 support, as needed
- Manage, set-up, administer, support and troubleshoot software, hardware and overall network infrastructure including but not limited to: Windows 2003/2008, Exchange 2003/2007/2010, Terminal Services, VMware, firewalls, routers, broadband connectivity, database servers, performance monitoring, back-ups, reporting, third party application support, etc...
- Create and maintain network documentation including but not limited: network assessments, centralized online customer information store, monthly maintenance plans, etc.
- Develop plans for hardware, systems operations, and technical procedures; provide input for disaster recovery and security plans
- Define and write clear and succinct technical documentation related to systems and applications as necessary.
- Prioritize customer requests via internal ticket tracking/timekeeping systems
- Identify, recommend and manage IT service improvements for customer enhancements
- Serve as primary backup to Managed IT Director as related to all work activities and interfacing with customer POC’s with accountability for resolving service problems and for prioritizing work requests
- Occasional evening and weekend work including but not limited to: involvement in weekly rotation of 24/7 support responsibilities, project work, technical escalations, monthly maintenance, etc
- Other duties as assigned
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively, sometimes under pressure.
- Evaluate or develop tools / scripts to facilitate improvement and to support ongoing maintenance of a growing environment.
- Install and setup systems as required to support growth and new projects.
- Work well in a team environment and be able to work with and feedback accurate technical information to developers, application and business owners to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Provide recommendations and implement solutions for scalability and performance improvement.
- Technical support (24x7) is a requirement.
- Technical BS/MS degree, or equivalent work experience
- Eligible for a Federal Security Clearance
- 5+ years of professional technical experience as a Systems or Network Engineer
- Demonstrated experience with WAN and broadband connectivity such as VPN, DSL, T1, firewalls and routers
- Advanced Skills in technologies such as: Linux, Active Directory, Windows 2003/8, Exchange, IIS, SQL, Cisco, and/or open source technologies
- Demonstrated experience with VMware, XenServer, Hyper-V
- Demonstrated experience with VLAN and switched technologies
- Demonstrated experience in managing technical services and mentoring staff
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex technical tasks and analysis
- Demonstrated capability of working independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team members, other teams, management, and customers
- Strong background in Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange 2007 & 2010, TCP/IP, UDP, SSL
- Familiarity with Cisco, Juniper, MX lookup, TechNet, DNSstuff, Experts Exchange, LogMeIn, ProactiveWatch
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- High school or equivalent
- In the field or in a related area (5) years
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
IntellecTechs, Inc. is a premier provider of Information Technology (IT), Training and Professional Technical and Administrative Services to federal and commercial customers. IntellecTechs' government customers include Department Navy Chief Information Office (DONCIO), U.S. Navy (USN), U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), National Education and Training Command (NETC), Program Executive Office (PEO) Enterprise Information Systems (EIS), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and Space and Naval Warfare command (SPAWAR). Our project management experience and commitment to client relationship enables us to provide creative and cost-effective solutions regardless to the size of the mission. By eliminating boundaries, collaborating in new ways, and continually seeking improvement, IntellecTechs is helping clients at all levels to connect, protect, and serve citizens better than ever. Our headquarters is located in Virginia Beach, VA and is also a certified testing center authorized to administer Prometric and Pearson VUE exams. IntellecTechs is an 8(a) company, certified by the SBA, Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and Small Women and Minority Owned (SWaM).
IntellecTechs, Inc. is a private corporation established in the Commonwealth of Virginia, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. This commitment affirms IntellecTechs, Inc.'s policy to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
IntellecTechs, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or sexual harassment in its workplace and will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure nondiscriminatory treatment throughout its programs and business practices to include, but not limited to the following: recruiting/posting/advertising, selection and hiring; disciplinary actions; involuntary and voluntary terminations and layoffs; position upgrades and promotions; rates of pay and other compensation; training programs and participation/selection criteria; and apprenticeships. Also, IntellecTechs, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with Federal, State or Local regulations and laws.
We value our diversified team and work diligently to provide and promote a culture free from discrimination and harassment.