- Systems Administrator/Senior
- Hampton, VA
Senior Systems Administrator
IntellecTechs has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Administrator in Hampton, VA.
- Provide System Administration support of workstations, servers, and the related network configurations.
- Multiple system types with multiple Windows and various Unix type OSs are included in the GDS inventory.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Review system and application logs, verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Configure system CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform in a team environment with other Systems Administrators to provide overall operations and maintenance for the LaRC Ground Data Systems (GDS) production and development support environment
- Partner with Software Engineering groups to install new and/or rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Serve as primary point responsible to deploy, maintain, and operate an encrypted data backup and recovery solution that supports the GDS production environment.
- Action and resolve assigned tickets within the Electronic Contract Management System (ECMS)
- Apply systems and security patches to all workstations and servers as required
- Manage updates to hardware and software while ensuring there is no impact to the functionality of the Ground Data Systems.
- Provide IT System Administration services for various customers across the NASA LaRC facilities
The selected candidate should have
- Demonstrated proficiency using WSUS patch management systems
- Demonstrated proficiency using KACE K1000 management appliance
- Experience planning and implementing enterprise systems backups using EMC Networker backup and recovery software
- Minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience maintaining a network/operational environment
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Demonstrated experience upgrading systems to new approved OS versions
- Demonstrated experience in VMware virtualization across-platforms
- Demonstrated experience with the administration of database (MS SQL/Oracle) backups and restores
- Demonstrated understanding of Active Directory infrastructure, design and interface capabilities with other MS products
- Demonstrated understanding of DNS name resolution
The following skills/experience are desired
- Demonstrated experience implementing and using KACE K1000 Appliance
- Certification in any of the following: MCP, ITIL Foundation v3, CompTIA Security +, CompTIA A+, MCP- 70-290 Managing and Maintaining Windows 2003 Servers, MCDST, MCSA (2000, 2003), MCSE (2003, 2007)
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related IT discipline with 6 years of related experience. The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance is required.
Must have sufficient mobility to enter all areas of wind tunnel and test facilities; crawl, climb, bend, twist etc. (20%) while using and/or wearing appropriate PPE (gloves, respirator, etc).
Must be able to lift 35lbs.
An office or Control Room environment is the typical work area. Travel to other buildings on-site or nearby off-site facilities will be required. Project implementations or troubleshooting events will be in an industrial or laboratory environment. The candidate may be exposed to areas of high voltage, high noise levels, hazardous propellants, explosives, chemicals, and industrial facilities. [Appropriate PPE and training will be provided.]
IntellecTechs, Inc. is a premier provider of Information Technology (IT), Training and Professional Technical and Administrative Services to federal and commercial customers. IntellecTechs' government customers include Department Navy Chief Information Office (DONCIO), U.S. Navy (USN), U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), National Education and Training Command (NETC), Program Executive Office (PEO) Enterprise Information Systems (EIS), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and Space and Naval Warfare command (SPAWAR). Our project management experience and commitment to client relationship enables us to provide creative and cost-effective solutions regardless to the size of the mission. By eliminating boundaries, collaborating in new ways, and continually seeking improvement, IntellecTechs is helping clients at all levels to connect, protect, and serve citizens better than ever. Our headquarters is located in Virginia Beach, VA and is also a certified testing center authorized to administer Prometric and Pearson VUE exams. IntellecTechs is an 8(a) company, certified by the SBA, Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and Small Women and Minority Owned (SWaM).
IntellecTechs, Inc. is a private corporation established in the Commonwealth of Virginia, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. This commitment affirms IntellecTechs, Inc.'s policy to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
IntellecTechs, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or sexual harassment in its workplace and will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure nondiscriminatory treatment throughout its programs and business practices to include, but not limited to the following: recruiting/posting/advertising, selection and hiring; disciplinary actions; involuntary and voluntary terminations and layoffs; position upgrades and promotions; rates of pay and other compensation; training programs and participation/selection criteria; and apprenticeships. Also, IntellecTechs, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with Federal, State or Local regulations and laws.
We value our diversified team and work diligently to provide and promote a culture free from discrimination and harassment.